Re: Are we still on for the 25th?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 16:40:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, John Rudy writes:
Hey All,

Wow, it's been busy around the LUCNY hub lately.  I can see the skyline of
Lucnyville forming already. :) Nate, I-Move looks great (at least the newest
virtual model) as do the ideas for raised housing.  Track laying is moving
nicely, I think, with Ed and the gang's automated crossings and points.
John B's contributions, at least I can see down the road, will be very
valulable (fully automating and the like).  And, let's not forget the slew
of vehicles we'll have populating our streets thanks to Kevin.  Everyone
else, excellent progress as well.  I think for having our first formal
meeting just a while ago, we've come out of the gates running.

Now, speaking of meetings, are we still on for the 25th?  I know Alan
won't be able to make it, so, we need another meeting place.  I know Kevin
volunteered his church for the pickings.  Along these lines, I'd like to
tentatively volunteer mine as well, maybe as a backup or future site.  I need
to speak to my Priest, but I'm sure it won't be much trouble.  I'll check
this weekend.
Pompey, for those of you that may care, is only 5-10 miles from Rt. 81,
and only about 20 miles south of Downtown Syracuse.

That sounds like a reasonable destination from Canandaigua for me.  I'd be
happy to offer up my church's nicely remodeled function room if somebody
wants a change of venue in the future.

A FEW QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED:
-Who would be able to make the 25th?  I know you have once already, but
please respond to this message so we can keep it organized. :)

I've got my son's baseball game to attend that weekend - I think it's on the
25th, so I'm very tentative regarding attendance.  Without Alan and John
Barnes, I'm less inclined.  I wanted to get their input on 12v portions of
the layout for LUCNYville, and need to work with John on testing his new
sensors for the crossing gates.

-What do we want to do?  Do we want the setup to be similar to last time
(ala commandeer a table, set up your MOCs and let people gawk)or do we want
to go with a more formal roundtable/planning session?

I have to gawk a bit if I attend.  However, I like Wayne's suggestion that
we plop down baseplates and cobble up a real-world design.  That may not be
everyone's cup-o-tea, so I'd like to keep everybody happy, especially
non-train folks.  Their designs and creativity is valuable.

-Do we want planned activities or contests?  Maybe a "Build a -------"
contest with each entrant getting a vote?

I'd like to do that after business is attended to and we calm Wayne down.
:^)
A lot of energy and creativity comes out of activities and contests, and it
provides an adhesive chord for all of us to rally around in a light-hearted
manner.  LEGO needs playtime, don't you think?

-Do we want to invite the public?  This is my BIG question.  Do we want to
post flyers at local Toy/hobby shops?  I'm working on a flyer, and will post
when I've finished.

Not preferred at this time, but once we have a layout, we'll make more sense
to outsiders regarding what we do in the group.  Otherwise, they may get
confused/scared/bored.

That's about all I can think of for now
-John Rudy

Thanks, John!