Subject:
Are we still on for the 25th?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:52:26 GMT

Hey All,

  Wow, it's been busy around the LUCNY hub lately.  I can see the skyline of
Lucnyville forming already. :) Nate, I-Move looks great (at least the newest
virtual model) as do the ideas for raised housing.  Track laying is moving
nicely, I think, with Ed and the gang's automated crossings and points.
John B's contributions, at least I can see down the road, will be very
valulable (fully automating and the like).  And, let's not forget the slew
of vehicles we'll have populating our streets thanks to Kevin.  Everyone
else, excellent progress as well.  I think for having our first formal
meeting just a while ago, we've come out of the gates running.

  Now, speaking of meetings, are we still on for the 25th?  I know Alan
won't be able to make it, so, we need another meeting place.  I know Kevin
volunteered his church for the pickings.  Along these lines, I'd like to
tentatively volunteer mine as well, maybe as a backup or future site.  I need
to speak to my Priest, but I'm sure it won't be much trouble.  I'll check
this weekend.
  Pompey, for those of you that may care, is only 5-10 miles from Rt. 81,
and only about 20 miles south of Downtown Syracuse.

A FEW QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED:
  -Who would be able to make the 25th?  I know you have once already, but
please respond to this message so we can keep it organized. :)
  -What do we want to do?  Do we want the setup to be similar to last time
(ala commandeer a table, set up your MOCs and let people gawk)or do we want
to go with a more formal roundtable/planning session?
  -Do we want planned activities or contests?  Maybe a "Build a -------"
contest with each entrant getting a vote?
  -Do we want to invite the public?  This is my BIG question.  Do we want to
post flyers at local Toy/hobby shops?  I'm working on a flyer, and will post
when I've finished.

That's about all I can think of for now
-John Rudy