Re: Are we still on for the 25th?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 22:49:02 GMT

John I will answer and add to the list of things that should be addressed.

A FEW QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED:
-Who would be able to make the 25th?  I know you have once already, but
please respond to this message so we can keep it organized. :)

I think the 25th is the best day for me.

-What do we want to do?  Do we want the setup to be similar to last time
(ala commandeer a table, set up your MOCs and let people gawk)or do we want
to go with a more formal roundtable/planning session?

I'm not trying to be a sore thumb but, I think this meeting has to be an
organizational meeting. 95% Planning and future and about 5 % actual lego play.
We have a lot to deal with that should be the focus of Layout/Design and
Responsibility. I'm not saying don't bring lego, I actually think we might have
to bring a few things. I think the main thing for everyone would be to bring
their baseplates. Show some layout ideas and even show how your piece of the
puzzle fits into Lucnyville.

-Do we want planned activities or contests?  Maybe a "Build a -------"
contest with each entrant getting a vote?

Unless someone wants to do this my focus is the LUCNYville layout and what we
have done to date as a group and what we will have for the first setup.

-Do we want to invite the public?  This is my BIG question.  Do we want to
post flyers at local Toy/hobby shops?  I'm working on a flyer, and will post
when I've finished.

I think an open to the public at this point wouldn't be good, only because we
don't have the organization that will give us a good first layout so the crowd
goes wild.

I've been trying to find the best way to bring this all together. The table
issue made me think to put the layout on hold until the tables or at least the
protoype table has been done.

Food for Thought. The way I am approaching the layout is:

If I was to give everyone a piece of graph paper and say show me what the
layout of Lucnyville looks like, Could you do it?  We could come up with an
idea however, now try and do it using everyones creations.. Heheheh not so easy
now.

Consider this from the last meeting. We went from a (How about we do a Layout)
to OK we need more space..  Thats GREAT PROGRESS! We just need to make some
chioces on how to proceed. If you thought that first meeting was great I think
this one will be even better because we have something to work with that we
really didn't have before.

I also think now that we want to make the move into the layout and shows we
need to establish the group and responsibilities to all who can. This is
something else we should think about for the meeting. until recently isn't been
an open forum so to speak about what to do or who does what. I believe it
should stay like that however will will need to establish roles to keep things
on track. I know most of us are willing to put the time in and thats a good
thing. I just don't want it to be so overwhelming for everyone that its starts
to fall apart because its to much for "Team LUCNY" to handle..

As I have said before I'm flexible and will usually go with the flow however,
in this case I think its more of a meeting of the minds then anything else for
the next meeting.

With that said I will leave you with one other thing. I've never been so
excited to see how far we have come in such a short time. I hope this can
continue..
and Thanks!

Wayne