 Organizations / United States / LRGOAA / 35
Re: new sensors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 06:02:42 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, Brian Davis wrote:
Titus Gabriel Petrut wrote:

I'll see how good are EOPDs for line following.

   Which colors did you select, and why? I'm trying to decide on if there are
any other sensors I might be interested in.

I allready have started working on a pneumatic arm for the spybots...

   As a potential Spybot convert... what is it you like so much about them?
Their cost (relative to the RCX)? Their (small) size? Other?

I got both sensors red (cheaper).

I don't think I love Spybots too much, but I use them because I have them. I got
the first one at BrickFest (on sale, 40% off) and the other I won at the last
sumo event. I like to try to use them for every project, just to show that they
CAN be used. Sometimes they work good, sometimes not. But it's a challenge.

For this event I'm going to use one of them to navigate (follow the line) and
the other to detect and lift the trash bin. They will talk to each other
commands. Right now I'm still working on the pneumatic grabber/lifter. I will
use an automatic air compressor powered by a battery box and Spybot's motors to
flip the pneumatic valves. The scenario will be like this: let's say the names
of the spybots are the Driver and the Finder. The game starts. The Finder says
drive and starts looking for the trash bins. The driver starts driving following
the line. When the Finder finds the trash bin says stop and starts the arm to
grab and then lift the bin to empty it in the onbord container. Then puts it
back and says drive. The Driver resumes its course and so on. I hope everything
is going to work as planned...

Gabe