Re: Schedule of events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:22:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

I usually have several things in the planning stage.

   See, that's why you are so much more efficient than me at this stuff. I
usually have *everything* at the planning stage...

Nov 13th - Chibots fall contest (www.chibots.org)

   Something GBCish (probably not new, but we'll see)
   Trellis (old line-follower; maze, basic & advanced(?) line following)
   Perhaps a mini-sumo - time constraints, but it's be fun.

Split (new line following robot; unfinished)

   Got me curious

R5 (mini-sumo; unfinished Reactor style robot)

   I've got to look at the Chibots mini-sumo limits; that sounds tough to put
into a mini-sumo sized robot.

Jan/Feb 06 - Tic-Tac-Toe

   Interested. Pending details and time schedules.

Feb 06 - NEIRG - Science Central (www.sciencecentral.org)
  Maze, sumo, line following

   Maze & line certainly, almost certainly sumo

June 06 - RoboGames - San Francisco (www.robogames.org)
  Maze, Sumo, Line Following, many other...

   If I manage a ribbon-climber, will you take it out for me?

Anyone else have anything interesting?

   I have to do a demo / hands-on thing for my son's Dojo (in Nov, I think), and
the local elementary school wants Ben & I to build a large castle for display
(so other kids can guess the number of bricks... not like I'm going to count
them terribly accurately in the first place, but still). The second is going to
be a whoile lot (all?) of Laura's Hogwarts collection, built together to form
one structure with spare pieces.

--
Brian Davis