Re: Tic-Tac-Toe-bot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:16:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Thu, September 22, 2005 10:52 am, Brian Davis wrote:

3-in-a-row on a 4x4 board should take Kerby about 5 seconds
Has anyone ever heard of a game called "Pente"?

There are lots of other games we could play, with much more complex strategies.  I
think 3T...  (the name for this game?!)  ...is a game that everyone can understand
the logic, and it should be playable with standard firmware.

What about Othello? That requires the robot to be able to place AND reverse the
pieces. Not sure if 8x8 would produce very interesting matches, maybe a smaller
board? Even 4x4 may produce interesting strategies...

ROSCO