Subject:
Tic-Tac-Toe-bot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:38:51 GMT

Ok, I've been thinking about the Tic-Tac-Toe game.  Everyone I've talked to seems to
think this will be a good competition for us to have early next year (after FLL).

There are a couple questions to work out.
1) What size is the game?  We can play the regular game of 3-in-a-row on a 3x3
board, or we could bump the board to 4x4 (and still get 3-in-a-row)

2) For markers, we'd use colored cubes.  Should the cubes be 4x4x4 or 6x6x6?

3) What size playfield?  The "board" could be 32x32, or 48x48.  Using 6x6x6 cubes on
a 32x32 board, with an 8x8 area for putting your blocks, the board is 28 studs wide,
leaving about 2 studs on the outside, one of which is used to attach your robot.

So, looking at the Cube Size, Field size, and Game Board size, what does everyone
think?

I spoke with Kerby last night, and he said it took him about 1 class period to work
out the logic for the game.   hmm...  I wonder what he SHOULD have been doing in
that class...  :)

Steve