  Tic-Tac-Toe-bot

Ok, I've been thinking about the Tic-Tac-Toe game. Everyone I've talked to seems to think this will be a good competition for us to have early next year (after FLL). There are a couple questions to work out. 1) What size is the game? We can play the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: Tic-Tac-Toe-bot

(...) The only issue I have with it is, unlike C4, the "winner" (or lack of one) is a foregone conclusion... *IF* the robot can actually play (as Steve & C4 demonstrated). Note I'm still in favor of doing it, just pointing that out. (...) 3-in-a-row (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: Tic-Tac-Toe-bot

(...) This would be a timed game. The winner would be the robot with the lowest average time-per-move. Actually, I was just thinking about it. Even that may not be a good comparison. I think robots should play each other twice, with each going first (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: Tic-Tac-Toe-bot

(...) What about Othello? That requires the robot to be able to place AND reverse the pieces. Not sure if 8x8 would produce very interesting matches, maybe a smaller board? Even 4x4 may produce interesting strategies... ROSCO (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: Tic-Tac-Toe-bot

3T - good name... 32x32 plate for the game sounds exceptional...you could break it into 10x10 squares with a 1 stud width divider...no edge markers (would add a little to the challenge maybe) Size of the cube: Using odd size cubes (3x3, 5x5, 7x7) is (...) (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, FTX)