Re: broken RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 21:05:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, John Brost wrote:

Some of you may have been aware of my "posessed" rcx.

   I wonder how many "possessed" RCXs there are out there. I've got at least one
as well (currently in a line-follower) - it's newest symptom is briefly powering
OUT_A when I try to run a program via the remote (same program run via the "run"
button works fine). At least one of my RCXs sometimes just shuts down and locks
up (requiring pulling the batteries). But since all but one of mine have been
bought off eBay, I've not complained :-).

Well, I don't have to worry about that anymore, because I decided
to take it apart today and now it is completely dead.

   Bummer. I've never tried to reincarnate an RCX, and I won't be able to attend
tommorow. Perhaps if you sacrifice a LEGO chicken on a little minifig-scale LEGO
altar...
   Is it a 1.0 or a "1.5"/2.0? I'm wondering if the power jack might by-pass the
fuse (I won't *think* so, but I'm grasping at straws here).

--
Brian Davis