Re: 3T board & rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:31:50 GMT

On Tue, December 27, 2005 1:53 pm, Brian Davis wrote:
I assume that the game only ends when (a) the winning cube is in the
proper cell, or (b) the ninth and final cube is in it's proper cell.
So assume both robots are started at the same moment (by pressing
the "run" button), can we assume the game is over (from the standpoint
of measuring elapsed time) when that final cube is placed, or does the
final moving robot have to press the handover button to end its run?

   Huh. After playing for a while, I'm noticing a lot of interesting odd ways of
minimizing time. My 'bot's not fast enough I fear, but this ends up being and
interesting problem.

Not many comments.  Sorry.  The game should end after the last robot gives a signal
(handoff).  That way it can be timed by an external source (not just someone
watching the game)

Finally, with regards to clearing the board... I'm assuming this is
a manually-triggered behavior? Otherwise we need another handoff
procedure.

We haven't much discussed clearing the board.

We are planning on gathering at my place on Monday (Jan 2) to test out the games.
It will be rough.

Steve