Re: 3T cube orientation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:12:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Well then you're doing better than me at this point.

You keep saying that.

   Yes. hopefully, somebody will believe me at some point ;-).

I've taught Matt to play Tic-Tac-Toe.  I think he's doing
better than you, at this point.

   Absolutely. To be fair, Matt has far more processing power than the RCX,
extremely well-tested firmware, and a multi-year head start.

no cheating, correct?

I think that shouldn't need saying.

   No, put it's one of the things I like about Full Contact - it always seemed
to be impressive to people because folks thing it should only work within the
carefully defined rules, and detecting cheating seemed "advanced". So it got me
thinking. Not the least of which it's a lot easier for a human player to cheat
in this Tic-Tac-Toe setup.

It would be cool if the robot could display the amount
of time it took to play the game (it's half).

   Agreed. Actually, it would be good if each side kept track of *both* sides
times, just for fun.

--
Brian Davis