Re: 3T cube orientation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:24:58 GMT

Steve Hassenplug forwarded:

Kerby Hughes wrote:

Besides being completely upside down, does it matter that
the cubes are "tile-side up"?

   I'd agree with Steve - anything other then "bottoms up" should be OK.

I can get the pieces "flat" in the squares, but
I'm wondering if I need to redesign my dropper to
make sure the cubes end up a certain way.

   Well then you're doing better than me at this point. Stupid grading... stupid
stomach flu... stupid requirement of actually having a livingroom the kids can
safely walk through...

   Just to spell out another "this shouldn't need saying but..."... no cheating,
correct? I can't move the opponents cubes, or move mine after they're placed,
etc. In thinking about strategies an minimal cell checking, it occured to me
that detecting cheating could be a really hard problem for some robots, and
would slow things down a lot.

   How do we signal "won/lost"? To get credit for a match, does a robot have to
signal that it understands how the game ended?

--
Brian Davis