Re: 40 % Off Train Shed & Our Lady of the Snow Shrine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 00:14:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Thomas Garrison wrote:
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003, Brian Darrow wrote:

From what I've heard, the Shrine's marketing firm, Xcentrics Marketing,
had the idea for a Lego display.  The contacted TLC, who said they
wouldn't build it but passed on some names.  Dan Parker was on the list,
apparently because he's been in business doing shows with Lego for a few
years.  He'd never built a big display like this before, but then nobody
outside TLC had.  Fortunately, there were (and are) lots of out-of-work
SeaLUG members, so Dan was able to pull together a team to build it.  We
also got a nice big space in Sea-Tac Mall[1] (we're a draw to foot
traffic).  Then we built it, crated it up, sent it over, and Dan Parker
and Gary McIntire flew over and set it up.

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for the info on the whole set-up.  Very interesting stuff.  We sure miss
your contributions to the club down here in HoosierLand.  Perhaps you can start
on a doctorate at IUPUI ;-)
ttyl,
Brian D