Subject:
December Meeting minutes (Fastest ever)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 03:26:31 GMT

December 2003 IndyLUG meeting minutes
December 14th
Location: Steve Miller's barn

In attendance at the business meeting:
Brian Darrow
David Gregory
Jeramy Spurgeon
Joe Green
Leah Cardaci
Mark Peterson
Steve Martin
Steve McDonough
Tom Coleman
Chayme Higgins
Andrew Matlock
John Kyle

The meeting started about 4:00p

* Crane found at steve's barn in a box by Jeramy.

* GATS--Questions about registration for January GATS were brought up.  Brian
said there was a double registration error by eric and brian.  He said it was
taken care of, and this problem shouldn't happen again with the Show Coordinator
dealing with this from now on.  We will be getting 200 for doing the show.

* There was an idea of selling trains and other lego at shows.  Jeramy brought
up the regulations regarding the iltco discount and that these couldn't be sold
at retail.  Then the point was made that we would have to deal with sales tax
and that hassle along with the fee GATS charges for vendors would cut into the
slim profit.

* Train posters were brought up again.  They have to be bought and several
thought that we are doing lego a favor by displaying the trains and shouldn't
have to pay for advertisement that in the past was free.  Brian made a comment
about this is a HOBBY not a advertisement for lego nor child sitters (play
table)

*  Leah asked what is our goal and where are we going as indylug.  many
commented as follows.  money is an incentive to do events and provides us with
further fun.  So much time was spent on the october train show that we didn't
have time to "have fun"  some suggestions for future show are gaming,  moonbase
modules and pirates.

* GATS shows from now on should run smoother the more we do them. steve mcd said
it would be nice if in the future the club could give each member something from
the prize money.  Jeramy suggests saving for a trailer like other clubs have.
Brian suggests we could save money it we just rented or borrowed a trailer
instead of buying one.

* Brian Motioned for a Schedule to be made at the January meeting for possible
events that could be done by the club in 2004.  Jeramy seconded,  motion carried
by majority vote.
Some said we should only do event that pay or we will enjoy or is for a really
really good cause.

* Steve reminded us that access to the barn is available at any time just let
him know.

* Money--some suggested buying a creeper.
discussion followed on the renewal fee for our domain name Indylug.org.  Brian
motioned for us to pay Eric Smith $15 for our name and $10 for site hosing on
his servers.  tom seconded  motion carried by majority vote.

* Brian motioned that each person be responsible for their own items displayed
at an event or that person designates one person to make sure it comes home with
us  (i.e. crane)  Tom seconded  motion carried by majority vote

***nominations for 2004 elections
President---Jeramy Spurgeon
Vice Pres.--Brian Darrow
Secretary---Steve McDonough
Treasure----Mark to continue

Meeting adjourned around 5p
thanks to everyone who brought food, goodies, and drinks.

nice moc's by all pic to follow later this week by many members.

Mark