Re: IndyLUG PC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 04:12:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Brian B. Alano wrote:
Thanks to Mark's excellent dumpster dumping, we've nearly got a complete PC.
500MHz Athlon with 488MB RAM, 32MB AGP Video, and SoundBlaster Live! sound.

I put everything I had together tonight. Even added the modem that came with the
Pavilion. Haven't tested the sound card, modem, or mouse. I put in two hard
drives totaling 270MB and guess what? Windows XP said it couldn't install 'cause
it needed more space! Imagine! My recent laptop acquisition freed up a wireless
card, so we don't need a network card anymore. We do still need a hard drive. At
least 2GB. 6 would be better and 10 would be plenty.

How big of a hard drive will the motherboard/BIOS support? I have a brand new 75
Gb drive that I had as a spare for my RAID server, which is going to be upgraded
to 250 Gb drives fairly soon.

- Eric