Subject:
May, 2003 IndyLUG meeting minutes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 12:23:52 GMT

We met on Sunday, May 18, I assume from 2:00P.M. to sometime after 8:15P.M. (I
got there at 3:00 and left at 8:13).

IndyLUG warmly welcomes Jason Spears(?), Robert Miles, and one other person I
barely met (somebody help me!). In Jason's case, I guess we are re-welcoming him,
as he came to the very first IndyLUG meeting.

We are saddened that Thomas (aka TWS Garrison) will be departing Indiana, and
thus IndyLUG. He was a tireless contributor and a parts expert. He will be missed.

Per custom, MOCs were brought and shared. I think Mark Peterson took pics.

Steve Martin (Steve M.) advised us of a collaborative opportunity this summer.
The notice is a bit short, but we voted by consensus to pursue it further. We
hope to be able to use some of our October layout for this, which makes it
important that we start on out October projects early. For more details, IndyLUG
members should contact Steve M. directly.

Jason "I'm not a professional photographer, I just spend money like one" Spears
took some photos of Jeramy's 5-bay roundhouse:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/indylug/?n=476 and seems interested in taking more
photos of more things, once we get them built.

To quote Steve M, "the members present at the meeting spent about 4 hours working
out the new track layout" for the October 2003 GATS. See
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/indylug/?n=475 for details. We decided by consensus
to commit to displaying at the Oct. 2003 GATS. Steve M. will relay the details to
Eric Smith who will register us.

We brainstormed ideas for the items on the layout. I am posting them at
http://www.lugnet.com/~1048/indylug . If I had any inkling you were interested in
an item, I put your name next to it. Please check the status I put next to your
name and keep me updated. If you don't want your name where I put it, I apologize
and will correct it ASAP. See more details on that page. LMKWYT of the format.

Our Oct. 2003 GATS layout will include the following themes. Hopefully there is
something here to interest everyone:

Train (naturally)
Town (possibly including Pirates, Aquazone, and Sports)
Castle
Mechs/Space
large natural landscapes (can't wait for Lego to introduct that theme!)
Electronic control systems

Steve M. grilled thick, juicy, cheesy hamburgers and the rest of us pitched in.
No one went hungry.

Finally, I'll attempt attendance. (Maybe next time I'll pass around a sign up
sheet.) Please forgive my mistakes and correct my errors and omissions.

Steve Martin
Steve McDonough
John Moore
Brian Alano