Subject:
May, 2003 IndyLUG meeting minutes, Amended
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 13:50:38 GMT

We met on Sunday, May 18, I assume from 2:00P.M. to sometime after
8:15P.M. (I got there at 3:00 and left at 8:13).

IndyLUG warmly welcomes Jason Mathison, Robert Miles, and Chad Smith. In Chad's
case, I guess we are
re-welcoming him, as he came to the very first IndyLUG meeting.

We are saddened that Thomas (aka TWS Garrison) will be departing
Indiana, and thus IndyLUG. He was a tireless contributor and a parts expert. He will
be missed.

Per custom, MOCs were brought and shared. I think Mark Peterson took pics.

Steve Martin (Steve M.) advised us of a collaborative opportunity this
summer. The notice is a bit short, but we voted by consensus to pursue it
further. We hope to be able to use some of our October layout for this, which
makes it
important that we start on out October projects early. For more details,
IndyLUG members should contact Steve M. directly.

Jason "I'm not a professional photographer, I just spend money like one"
Mathison took some photos of Jeramy's 5-bay roundhouse:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/indylug/?n=476 and seems interested in
taking more photos of more things, once we get them built.

To quote Steve M, "the members present at the meeting spent about 4
hours working out the new track layout" for the October 2003 GATS. See
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/indylug/?n=475 for details. We decided by
consensus to commit to displaying at the Oct. 2003 GATS. Steve M. will relay the
details to Eric Smith who will register us.

We brainstormed ideas for the items on the layout. I am posting them at
http://www.lugnet.com/~1048/indylug . If I had any inkling you were
interested in an item, I put your name next to it. Please check the status I put
next
to your name and keep me updated. If you don't want your name where I put it, I
apologize and will correct it ASAP. See more details on that page. LMKWYT of the
format.

Our Oct. 2003 GATS layout will include the following themes. Hopefully
there is something here to interest everyone:

Train (naturally)
Town (possibly including Pirates, Aquazone, and Sports)
Castle
Mechs/Space
large natural landscapes (can't wait for Lego to introduct that theme!)
Electronic control systems

Steve M. grilled thick, juicy, cheesy hamburgers and the rest of us
pitched in. No one went hungry.

Finally, I'll attempt attendance. (Maybe next time I'll pass around a
sign up sheet.) Please forgive my mistakes and correct my errors and omissions.

Steve Martin
Steve McDonough
John Moore
Brian Alano