Re: December meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:01:40 GMT

I believe we were also planning a building session this Saturday.  I
think that Steve McD., Jeramy, I, and possibly Steve M. were up for that.

I might be interested, what time works the afternoon is good for me.

also stringing plain rope or something halfway down to create a more
substantial barrier to the younger generation.
The important part is that the posts still need to be painted.  I'd like
to do that this weekend, especially if they need to be primed (do they?).
Do we have enough paint (preferably white)?

I might have white paint at home (I'll check after work)

snip<
3. Baseplates: did you have two green straights, Mark)?

I do but they are already in the layout I might be able to buy a couple
before the show.  I have a couple 10" green plates I can bring and a box of
small misc. plates.

snip> • 5. General: correct me if I'm wrong, but I think our agenda for the next
meeting is

a) clean the layout (dusting and removing all loose parts)
b) install all buildings, baseplates, and automated points
c) try out the layout with all rolling stock (test out clearances
for larger units, test and practice with the automated control system
Brian and Steve McD. are working on)
d) do detailing
e) tear the layout apart and pack it up so we can safely
transport and quickly set up the following Friday
f) plan the mechanics of setting up and staffing the show

Thus, everything needs to be built and ready to position by the beginning
of next meeting, so we have time to get through all of this and deal with
the inevitable bugs.
sounds good

mark