 Organizations / United States / CLB / 8
Re: Chicago LEGO Builders Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.clb
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:39:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.clb, Joe Strout wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.clb, Jason Spears wrote:

However, how about finding a restaurant that has a meeting room?
Ballydoyle's in downtown Downers Grove has a nice room in the back, for
example.  (...)

I found their <http://www.ballydoylepub.com/ website>. However, I couldn't
find anything on prices of food. I would expect that price is a concern for
people. It is for me. What range are we talking here? Is it around the same
as an Applebees? More? Less?

About the same, I think (it's been a long time since I've been to an Applebees).
The burgers cost about $6 or $7, IIRC, and are quite good.  Of course if you
want New York Strip steak it's going to cost you more.  I'm sorry I don't recall
exact prices, but it seemed reasonable (I've eaten there twice).

(I'm assuming that we would all get separate checks.)

As for being too shy, well people will still
have to walk through a restaurant with their MOCs, but yeah probably better.

True.  I suppose you could hide it in a box or put a cloth over it...

Bah. Show your obsession with pride!

Aside from those questions, it sounds like a good idea to me. From what I
gather, both NELUG and rtlToronto meet at restaurants, so it's not unheard
of. Someone will probably need to call them and clear it.

I'll do that.  In fact, I'm doing it right now -- the person who handles
meetings isn't there, but I'm leaving a message with her voicemail.  She'll
probably get back to me with details by tomorrow.  Unless anyone objects, I'll
go ahead and set it up -- I can always cancel if we decide to go elsewhere.

Sounds good to me!

-Tim