 Organizations / United States / CLB / 5
Re: Chicago LEGO Builders Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.clb
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 21:49:59 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.clb, Joe Strout wrote:
   As I posted on the Yahoo list (after discovering that I hadn’t been receiving any messages for several days -- another reason to despise Yahoo), I won’t be able to host this weekend.

Yes yahoo can suck. If you don’t mind checking it online (and I don’t) it’s not too bad. Hopefully we will get out website/forum/mailing list thing all sorted out and then we can abandon yahoo groups.

   However, how about finding a restaurant that has a meeting room? Ballydoyle’s in downtown Downers Grove has a nice room in the back, for example. It’s pretty closed off from the rest of the restaurant, so maybe people wouldn’t be too shy about bringing their MOCs. (Don’t expect me to, though, as I have nothing to show off.)

I found their website. However, I couldn’t find anything on prices of food. I would expect that price is a concern for people. It is for me. What range are we talking here? Is it around the same as an Applebees? More? Less? As for being too shy, well people will still have to walk through a restaurant with their MOCs, but yeah probably better.

Aside from those questions, it sounds like a good idea to me. From what I gather, both NELUG and rtlToronto meet at restaurants, so it’s not unheard of. Someone will probably need to call them and clear it.

I’ll bring MOCs, heck I’ll probably have a few that haven’t been posted yet.

   Any idea how many people to expect?

I’m guessing here, but between 5 and 10? The poll on the yahoo group only had like 6 out of 21 participating.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral |