 Organizations / United States / CLB / 15
Re: Chicago LEGO Builders Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.clb
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:33:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.clb, Jason Spears wrote:

For groups using the meeting room (which seats up to 30,
BTW), they don't take separate checks; they want a lump payment which will
be a minimum of $250.

Ack! That's no good. I'm not even sure I'm reading that right, would it just
be $250 for the room itself, nevermind the cost of food? Ugh that wouldn't be
good for us regardless of the number of people.

No, to be clear: $250 is just the minimum total of the bill, which is for your
food and drinks.  If we buy $260 of food and drink then the room is free; but if
we each buy a soda totalling $10, then they're going to charge us $250 anyway.

Now, if you go to a hotel meeting room (I also looked into these), then there's
a flat fee for the room, like $150, no food or drink included.  Not a good deal.

Still we could meet there and eat, just without the private room. (What we
need to do, is turn the owner into an AFOL, then we probably could get the
room for free. *grin*)

True, maybe we should pursue that for the future.  I told the person there who
arranges meetings what we were about, and she thought that was cool -- she has
an 18-year-old nephew who's into LEGO.  (Unfortunately he lives in Arizona, so I
don't think he could pull any strings for us.)

But it sounds like the Woodridge Library will do for this time anyway.

Best,
- Joe