 Organizations / United States / CLB / 26
Re: Pick-a-Brick inventories?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.clb, lugnet.inv
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:03:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.clb, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Now that there are so many PAB, with apparently more on the way, I wonder if
it is even feasible to keep current inventories of every one? I think it's
great that these inventories exist and I peruse them whenever I know I am
going somewhere that is near a PAB, but I just wonder if anyone other than
LEGO themselves could keep this data accurate for very long without a lot of
effort.

I don't think the intent is to keep current inventories of every one.  But
rather, when one of us happens to be visiting a LEGO store anyway, we take a few
extra minutes to jot down what they have and type it up when we get home.

This doesn't seem too difficult to me, at least with the size of the PAB
offerings I've seen so far -- we're talking about maybe 40 items or so.  And
often, most of those will be the same as what you had last time, so you can just
update your previous list.

Of course if they change the offerings frequently, then the data may be bad more
often than it's good... but I doubt they do change it that frequently, since
that would incur some pretty significant costs on their part.  (Anybody have a
more concrete idea of how often the selection changes?)

Best,
- Joe