 Organizations / United States / CLB / 25
Re: Pick-a-Brick inventories?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.clb, lugnet.inv
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:38:42 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.clb, Jason Spears wrote:
   In lugnet.org.us.clb, Joe Strout wrote:
   All right -- next time I go (and don’t have my four-year-old waiting on me), I’ll take a pad and pen and jot down what they have. If anyone else makes it to one of our LEGO stores, perhaps you can do the same.

For starters, I suppose we can just post our findings in this forum -- I doubt updates will be so frequent that readers will object. Or, perhaps we can spread the work around a bit, and get someone else to figure out how to post the inventory to peeron.

The topic of PaB inventory has come up before and other sites are keeping track as well. Brickish.org is keeping track of some here:

http://www.brickish.org/bulktracker/

And eventually, PabTrak.com is supposed to have info on all stores. There was some conversation about both of these sites before, but I’m not sure it really went anywhere. That was 4 months ago, maybe PaBTrak is almost ready to go live?

If it turns out that adding to peeron.com, or pabtrak.com, or brickish.org is not easy, then we can either keep a page here on lugnet with the info, or maybe on chicago-builders.org.

Now that there are so many PAB, with apparently more on the way, I wonder if it is even feasible to keep current inventories of every one? I think it’s great that these inventories exist and I peruse them whenever I know I am going somewhere that is near a PAB, but I just wonder if anyone other than LEGO themselves could keep this data accurate for very long without a lot of effort.

(I started to write “and is it worth the effort?” but stopped... It IS handy, especially since the inventory varies so much from store to store. But I suspect it’s also a bit of a thankless task, except for the thanks that we can (few and far between) give in places like this... So thanks, all you volunteers!)

Referring back to the previous discussion, if there were an easy sheet to take along that was in a standard format (or maybe looking forward, an app that could run on a PDA or handheld) it might be easier to get volunteers to do it.