 Organizations / United States / BLOC / 40
Re: Now appearing at a Toys'R'Us near you...Me!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 21:31:42 GMT

Well, I finally got ahold of Donna at TRU, and I will be appearing in the
store from roughly 1-5pm, depending on how tired I get :)  You're welcome to
come by and cheer me on or just say hello.  Most of my sculptures will be on
display (including Marvin, if I can figure out a way to safeguard him), and
I will be working on a new kid-themed sculpture/mosaic while i'm in the store.

Come down and say hello!

The TRU I'm going to be at is on Lorain Road in North Olmsted, just west of
the Great Northern Mall, at the corner of Lorain and Dover Center Roads.

See you there!

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com

In lugnet.org.us.bloc, Adrian Drake writes:
Well, as I was in my local TRU buying a couple of bulk tubs for my latest
(as yet unstarted and supersecret) sculpture, I was confronted by one of the
women who work in the toy department, who asked me why the heck I was buying
so many tubs.  (I only got 4, but I'm going back for more).  I told her that
I was a Lego sculptor, and she asked me if I'd like to come in on Saturday,
April 7th, and do a little building in the store, just for fun.  So I said
yes.  I figured it'll get the word out to the locals as to the existance of
BLOC, and well as Lugnet (and me as well...)

Now all I need to do is come up with a subject for a sculpture that I can do
in a few hours while sitting in a TRU.  This is very exciting for me, and a
great opportunity as well.

Anybody who wants to drop in and say hello, or bring a MOC to show to the
masses, or anything else like that is welcome to.  I haven't yet set up a
time, but I figure it'll be something like 1-5 in the afternoon, or
something like that.

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com