 Organizations / United States / BLOC / 10
    How did I become a BLOC member? —Mark D. McKean
   Upon seeing the formation of the new LUGNET group for BLOC, I decided to visit BLOC's web page to check for events and such. Imagine my surprise when I found my name on the members list! Now, don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining. I was going to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.bloc)

        Re: How did I become a BLOC member? —Adrian Drake
     (...) Basically, Gino gleaned the lugnet.org.us.oh hierarchy for anyone who's made a post there, and added them to the page :) Whether they all want to be there or not is another question entirely, and I suspect that should be brought up between (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.bloc)

         Re: How did I become a BLOC member? —Gino A. Melone
     (...) I emailed everyone on the list about a week before announcing the page. Let's see, I have qpanda@quantumpanda.com for you. I decided to assume that anyone who was willing to post to LUGNET would be willing to join. I've got no problem removing (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.bloc)

         Re: How did I become a BLOC member? —Mark D. McKean
     (...) Yup, that's me. But I didn't get any e-mail about it that I remember. (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.bloc)

        Re: How did I become a BLOC member? —Chris Shepherd
   I feel exactly the same as Mark. I think that BLOC is a great idea, and I will try to support the club, but to assume that I will be a member and to publish my email is a bit intrusive. A quick email to me would have gotten a positive response, but (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.bloc)

        Re: How did I become a BLOC member? —Gino A. Melone
    I'd like to apologize for the confusion. I emailed everyone on the list about a week before the site was announced. I heard back from several people. One or two asked to be removed. All the other responses were positive. One email bounced. I meant (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.bloc)