 Organizations / United States / BayLUG / 24 (-20)
  Re: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

My apologies for the lengthy post. (...) <snip> This is good. (...) It's always uglier *inside* the monkey suit. I've been putting backs on my buildings, and one building I've hinged in case people really want to see the inside (for whatever (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

Well, for the first meeting, we have some things to discuss - major things that are hard to change later on. We need to set up standards for module construction, track locations, spacing, number of lines, etc. These are critical, since it determines (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  RE: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

Hi, I think we should have both together, particularly if there is (or not?) a meeting in Albany as well. The room is big enough, and we can get lots of tables. LMK what you think. I would like to also have a kids (and adults) brick pile like we did (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  RE: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

HI, I think I replied to you already, but do not recall for sure. The Fukaya room is booked MARCH not MAY 12, that I know of for BAYLUG use. Either trains or general. Mark (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

Steve, Thats funny you mention the "creative memories" die-cut cutters, my wife just got some the other day and I was already thinking of how I could use them for my trains.. ha! jt sebarile-MOBL wrote in message ... (...) would (...) -- James J. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

Cutting out carefully is a drag! And in our case an oval is a hard shape to cut nicely. I thought about a die-cut cutter. My wife has a ton of them for her "creative memories" stuff. I bet an oval is available, although this would dictate the size (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

That would apply to shades of gray as well. I would suspect that printing pink or yellow or light blue on a sticker that goes over a black piece will likely have some color bleed through, also. Why not just print the sticker on white adhesive paper (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

Some bad news... As you all may know PNLTC has recently adopted a new logo ((URL) found that any logo with "white" in it has trouble! Most (99%) printers don't print white. So if you are going to print this on to clear stickers... The white comes (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

I will fix that. Todd had mentioned it to me earlier, so I will just change it next time I work on the graphic file. Thanks, Mike Russell Clark <rclark@telis.org> wrote in message news:Fp0Kny.4yr@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

(...) I just noticed something. It may be that I don't know the difference, but doesn't LEGO have a ® "circle R" after it and not the ™ "TM"? Russell (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

I like it; Neato. Can I get some when you print them (on transparent sticker paper?) (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  BayLTC Logo finished

I have just finished the BayLTC logo to the best of my ability. I have made it in both a windows metafile, which will retain its sharpness regardless of the size it is printed, which is excellent for banners, and a gif for easy viewing. It can be (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

I'll be bringing a rather long Metroliner, most likely. Not sure what else yet. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

(...) Doh! I meant March 12th. Around May, I will probably host a train meeting at my house, if anyone is interested. I am hoping to have a layout that is the size of 20+ modules. Most will not be built up with bricks, but should have the track laid (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

---...--- (...) Umm, I thought it was March 12? (...) I'm all for it. (...) I will be bringing rolling stock, engines, and buildings. (...) I will resist the dark side! (...) This will be good practice for us. (...) Good ideas. Russell Clark (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

(...) March 12, 1-5. But May 12 would probly be good too :-) Couldn't hurt to book it now! Seriously, it could be either the weekend of May 6 or 13 for the next one. (...) I have no problems with it. Let's hatch a club! It was my understanding that (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

I am somewhat confused now. Here is my current understanding: Sunday, May 12th from 1-5 pm we have a booking in the Fukaya room in Fremont. Is this correct? If so, I would like to make that the first meeting for the BayLTC, if there are no (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Next Meeting

I am planning on bringing some train cars and buildings. Russell Clark (URL) 39423705 ---...--- (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Next Meeting

I might bring just my trains, no track or buildings, if my MISB 4558 and used 4558 arrive by then (which they should within plenty of time). If I can trade for enough grey doors/windows for the other 2 grey bogey plates I have, I hope to have a 9-11 (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Next Meeting

(...) Name the time and I am there. Are we doing the Fukaya room in Fremont again? Perhaps I will have some 8-wide creations I can bring for the train stuff. I suppose that within 2 weeks I will have a nice building area again. Until then, I am (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact