 Organizations / United States / 75
Re: something nelug could do
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:43:49 GMT

I would recommend against such a thing. sounds unprofessional. TLG
may only find such request for contact annoying and see it as coming
from a niave view. It also may just support their vision of
fanatical young men who live for toys and sci-fi. (no offense)

In my opinion:

- you would find it near impossible to "arrange a slightly-formal meeting"
- a vastly clearer job title than "actual representative" would be needed.
- TLG would not likely see the adult fan base "immensely huge," no
matter how
  accurate your numbers may be
- they know you exist
- they know you love LEGO
- there is little I can imagine them trusting fanatics to do for them.

sorry. I'd suggest we just enjoy building.

-Suz.
my opinions are my own and have no sources from MIT or TLG.

Matthew Miller wrote:

Ok, so here's something we (or other LUGs, for that matter) could do: try to
arrange a slightly-formal meeting with an actual representative of TLG. We
could show them stuff we've done and talk about how immensely huge the adult
lego fan base is, what they can do for us, and what we can do for them.  It
wouldn't be something that would do immediate magical good and suddenly make
them sell us bulk bricks and non-jrize their product line, but it'd be
interesting to start talking officially. We exist, we represent a lot of
people, and despite our complaining, we really love Lego and can really
offer a lot.

Thoughts?