 Organizations / United States / 526
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 14:12:49 GMT

Shiri & all,

First I am responding to the initial message because this thread is new from
the last time I was on and now there are 100+ messages in the tread and I am on
vacation and am not about to take more time from it than I am writing this
post.  I will also be traveling this week but in my free time I will keep up on
the thread and post when appropriate.

Shiri,

Rest assured that because of this thread we will bring this up at the next
NELUG meeting.  Also thank you for being constructive in your argument.

Matthew, Tom D., Jeff J. - NELUG'ers

Thanks for your views and keeping up on this discussion and stating your view.

Everyone else,

Thanks for those that have posted with constructive comments about the issue it
is appretiated and we will take those into account.

That being said let me say I am ashamed of many of you.  The personal attacks
and attacks on NELUG in general have gotten ugly, heated, and in many cases
unfair.  I am so upset with some of you right at this moment that I don't know
if whatever relationships we had will ever be fully repaired.  You have
successfully raked NELUG and its members names through the mud and made us into
the EVIL LUG.

You should all know that I and the others members of NELUG are willing to
discuss the group and its policies constructively.  By attacking us you are not
furthuring Shiri's argument and I would suspect that in many cases Shiri would
agree that this discussion has gone to far.

Rest assured that NELUG is not going to change its name.

Also it should be known that in order to vote on any point that requires a vote
you must be presant at a meeting so trying to sabotage any vote would be a
waist of time.  The last time we voted on this there were 18 members in
attendance and the vote was unanimous.  Now I will admit that the vote was
taken by a show of hands so some pressure may have been felt that was not
meant.  If at our next meeting we decide to vote again I suggest that this time
it be by paper ballot so peer pressure is held to a minimum.

Finally, attacking someones views because no one else from the group has
defended them when the thread is only hours hold is rediculous especially
because it is a holiday weekend in the US and most of us are not glued to our
computers.

I thought we were all above the attacks in this thread and I am trully upset.
I just hope in time the wounds opened here will heal one day.

Finally, our current rule is not some sort of vendetta against Shiri.  Maybe we
will change it maybe we won't it will be up to the group as a whole I just hope
everyone will respect our decision whatever it is.

Yours Trully, one upset and ashamed LEGO fan but proud NELUG & LUGNET member.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/