 Organizations / United States / 524
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 13:53:06 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Larry Pieniazek writes:

I'd say

"NELUG may find that their policy may be detrimental in the long run"
is a comment,

"NELUG are very wrong to not immediately change their policy"
is shading over to a chide, and

"NELUG MUST change their policy immediately"
is rather a demand, wouldn't you say?

I would.  But I wasn't really getting at a technical definition issue.  From
the perspective of posting to a newsgroup they're all functionally the same.
They're just various opinions and regardless of how they're phrased, the NELUG
readers will either ignore them or consider them as comments.  For a demand to
be truely inappropriate, it has to be backed by some kind of force.

Chris