 Organizations / United States / 522
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 13:02:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Matthew Miller writes:

We're not a government. Voting isn't a binding sort of legal thing. It's the
*agreement* that is critical.

Yep.

Just as an aside, there is a process I often take architecture clients through
(It's called QFD for the home audience to go look up if they want). It's quite
formal and you get rather methodical and mechanical answers out at the end of
it. What I find 9 times out of 10 is that by the time we get the numeric
answers, we know the answer to the question already. The mechanical answers
often confirm it, but once in a while they even contradict what we know the
"right" answer to be. (an exception that proves the rule)

Working the process gets the answers out. It drives consensus.

I suspect that NELUG taking a vote on this was a way of seeking consensus more
than a way of arriving at a mechanical answer. That's a good thing.

++Lar