 Organizations / United States / 517
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 12:47:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Richard W. Schamus writes:
We cannot and should not direct what should be practical to another group
organization.  It's their Group. WAMALUG has provisions in it's "Constitution"
that could potentially limit entry of anyone that we cannot get along with, as
distasteful as that seems. It is, I'm afraid, a neccessary evil, to promote
the common good. Unfortunately, it is what keeps good things from going
horroribly, horroribly wrong.

I don't think it is at all unreasonable for a groups policies or whatever to
specify how membership is attained, and how and why it can be revoked. This is
crucial to maintaining the stability of the organization should a problem
arise.

Frank