 Organizations / United States / 519
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 12:56:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.org.us, Richard W. Schamus writes:
We cannot and should not direct what should be practical to another group
organization.  It's their Group. WAMALUG has provisions in • it's "Constitution"
that could potentially limit entry of anyone that we cannot get along with, • as
distasteful as that seems. It is, I'm afraid, a neccessary evil, to promote
the common good. Unfortunately, it is what keeps good things from going
horroribly, horroribly wrong.

I don't think it is at all unreasonable for a groups policies or whatever to
specify how membership is attained, and how and why it can be revoked. This is
crucial to maintaining the stability of the organization should a problem
arise.

Frank
Exactly my point in referencing the specific neccessary evil. It IS crucial to
maintaining the stability of an organization to rectify things that go wrong
when they ARISE.

I'm sure exclusion to prevent problems from arising is a wonderful thing to
some people. It is a double edge sword obviously. It keeps out new ideas as
well.

My main point was, let's not say what NELUG should do, let see what we can do
in the face of NELUG's unwaiverable stance.

I say, let them take their stance, but I also say, let's do something decent
for Shiri as well.Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want
to...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****