 Organizations / United States / 514
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 12:36:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Shiri Dori writes:
Hey all,

I'm posting here to explain my opinion(s) about the age limitation in NELUG.
I've talked to many people about my stand on this, especially during and after
the WAMALUG Brickfest. Many people there expressed their agreement with what I
said, and some people encouraged me to post about it - so here I am.
<snip>
Respectfully,
-Shiri

P.S. I've posted about this 8 months ago (and countless times between then and
now). Feel free to read it here.
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/me/?n=116

Ok, I'm sure at least Shiri expected me to post on this, if not others.

I've read about half of the posts and I can see this is turning/has turned
ugly.

I'm not gonna get into, 1) Opinion, 2) Justice/fairness, 3) Legalities.

I'll just say how I feel about it.

I never had a dark age, much like Shiri.  I know what it would have been like
to have others around who I could have shared creations and ideas with. I'm
certain the experiance would have been benifial to everyone concerned. NELUG
is missing out big-time, IMHO.

We cannot and should not direct what should be practical to another group
organization.  It's their Group. WAMALUG has provisions in it's "Constitution"
that could potentially limit entry of anyone that we cannot get along with, as
distasteful as that seems. It is, I'm afraid, a neccessary evil, to promote
the common good. Unfortunately, it is what keeps good things from going
horroribly, horroribly wrong.

Shiri, do your best to post meetings of a new LUG in the NE. Advertise
meetings on LUGNET, and on RTL. Do it for once a month, every month. Get
someone, anyone to attend. Soon wont need NELUG. Well, that's what I would do.
I'd even try to attend.

Shiri, if it were practical, I'd vote you to be in WAMALUG as a full member,
but it's not that practical. Maybe as a special part-time member. Maybe
instead of US (AFOL's) being directive to NELUG, WE (all the other 'LUG's)
should just vote Shiri into our clubs, and to heck with NELUG. If they want to
stay on the fringe, let them.

So, to end this on a positive note, let's not say what OTHERS should do, lets
see what WE are willing to do.

Stay positive Shiri.
Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want
to...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****