 Organizations / United States / 448
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 02:51:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Matthew Miller writes:
before, just being a third party, I feel that this is VERY arrogant on • NELUG's
part as a whole...I think we'd all be satisfied if this were taken case by
case; have a member vote.  Is the person mature enough to be in NELUG?  And,

We had a member vote. It was unanimous that we would draw the line at 18.

That was then, this is now.  Though I'm not denying your unanimous vote, but
if the rest of NELUG still feels the same on the issue, I'd sure like to see
their support for you now.  You appear to be the _only_ one sticking up for
the position.  I would say that it is time for another vote on the matter.
And yes, it should be NELUG making the decision, but weigh carefully what has
been said here.

I'm glad for Shiri that so many people are willing to stick up for her, but
I am also amazed by the number of people who have no direct connection with
NELUG who are so willing to attack us. THAT strikes me as arrogant. If it
were just messags of support for Shiri, that would be one thing, but the
recent few messages (including but certainly not limited to yours) have been
very attacking, and I'm not sure how that is supposed to help anyone.

I do not see that as arrogance at all.  I believe this discussion is helping
the situation for Shiri, by as you said, showing support for her and her
cause.  Also, I am not (and I doubt anyone else is either) phased by your
multiple apologies to Shiri, when you refuse to weigh the issues and instead
rest on a decision made a year ago.

-Tim