 Organizations / United States / 233
Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 17:09:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, David Eaton writes:
Ok, so far (although recently it looks like the conversation has died down)
we've seemed to agree that we'd probably at least like a castle and a town for
the NELUG castle display at the Construction Site (see prior messages for
history)..

To date, I think the only definite things we have to that respect are a
potential 6091 castle, lots of figs, and Eric's church, and his marketplace.
So, assuming we do a town (which it looks like we will), a brainstorm... what
other structures do we need for a town?

Here's a couple of ideas I had... feel free to add:
- Kinds of shops:
   o Scribe
   o Tavern/Inn
   o Clothing shop
   o Weaver (just plain cloth)
   o Bakery (side note- my roomate found OLD Fabuland pieces that are loaves
     of French Bread! So I might volunteer for this one... otherwise, I can
     supply the bread!)
   o Butcher

Only problem is that we could only serve Horse, Kaddu, and Polar Bear.  :-)

   o Barber?
   o Doctor
   o Carpenter
   o Shoe store (Al Bundy's long lost relative)

I was thinking of including some of these in my market.  I have already built a
Flower Shop for the market and was considering an Armory as well although as I
have said before my Castle fig selection is not very good so stocking an Armory
might be tough for me.

- Houses (people have to live SOMEWHERE, contrary to what TLC would have you
believe)

You mean everyone doesn't live in the Castle?  :-).  Seriously I was thinking
about doing a couple of houses for the "middle" to "lower-middle" class.
Unfortunatly I am currently suffering from LEGO Builders Block or "LBB" and
have not been able to create anything to my liking.

- A stable (probably for an Inn, but also could be a shop)
- A well
- Town meeting house
- Farm house stuff:
   o barn or a shed (for tools, animals, etc)
   o fields
   o a house
- A school, perhaps?

All cool Ideas!

A couple of other suggestions.

- Town Gate
- The Moo Men Camp just outside town?
- Barracks for the town guards. - (I was considering this one)
- Tree's with lookout stations?

We also still need to decide on the layout, too... but it seems like nobody
has a real preference at this point... Any further input?

I think a predetermined layout might be tough.  It seems like we are probably
better off making all the buildings as interchangable as possible and just set
things up when we get there.  We did talk about creating some shelving to mimic
a hillside where the Castle could be.  This would be non-Lego of course but
with a couple peoples help I could lend my tools and basement for building a
couple of simple shelves.

Eric K.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/