 Organizations / United States / 232
Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 16:49:18 GMT

Ok, so far (although recently it looks like the conversation has died down)
we've seemed to agree that we'd probably at least like a castle and a town for
the NELUG castle display at the Construction Site (see prior messages for
history)..

To date, I think the only definite things we have to that respect are a
potential 6091 castle, lots of figs, and Eric's church, and his marketplace.
So, assuming we do a town (which it looks like we will), a brainstorm... what
other structures do we need for a town?

Here's a couple of ideas I had... feel free to add:
- Kinds of shops:
    o Scribe
    o Tavern/Inn
    o Clothing shop
    o Weaver (just plain cloth)
    o Bakery (side note- my roomate found OLD Fabuland pieces that are loaves
      of French Bread! So I might volunteer for this one... otherwise, I can
      supply the bread!)
    o Butcher
    o Barber?
    o Doctor
    o Carpenter
    o Shoe store (Al Bundy's long lost relative)
- Houses (people have to live SOMEWHERE, contrary to what TLC would have you
  believe)
- A stable (probably for an Inn, but also could be a shop)
- A well
- Town meeting house
- Farm house stuff:
    o barn or a shed (for tools, animals, etc)
    o fields
    o a house
- A school, perhaps?

We also still need to decide on the layout, too... but it seems like nobody has
a real preference at this point... Any further input?

DaveE