 Organizations / SciBrick / 14
  scibrick and our future

Hi everybody, Scibrick was announced a while back and I think a lot of people were left scratching thier heads. Perhaps you've heard rumors of what we're about. Perhaps you want to know more information. If we have appeared aloof, it is because the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !!

  Re: scibrick and our future

(...) snippadeedoodah (...) Lego needs to get a licence from Paramount for Star Trek Lego. Minifig tribbles! Jeff (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: scibrick and our future

(...) And this relates to the topic how? -Tim (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: scibrick and our future

(...) "To act as a communications medium between the lego company and other organizations, for science fiction building fans"..."let me know what you think. What are your ideas?" wishful thinking & suggestions for scibrick to bring up with Lego Co. (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: scibrick and our future

(...) [LDrawPart 4073:19] No? :-) Mark (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: scibrick and our future

(...) Ahh ... I didn't get that, cause you posted your comment at the bottom of the article vs. under that point. :-) But I like the 1x1 round plate as a Tribble ;-) -Tim (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: scibrick and our future

(...) Jeff, Representatives from the LEGO company have made it pretty clear at Brickfest (and directly to me in the past) that they do not accept product suggestions from outside the company. Also, a Japanese company called Kubricks currently holds (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: scibrick and our future

(...) Why should Lego license? It only adds to the pricetag of sets--which people complain are too high. Look at the Make and Create. Do you want more parts for the price, or do you want to pay for a license every time you buy a set? Besides, with (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: scibrick and our future (long)

Felix, Scibrick, I feel, should be a group devoted to furthering the use of LEGO as an artistic media in the science-fiction genre. A very 'fluffy' sentence, so I'll explain: SB should be an independent group that is capable of presenting displays (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: scibrick and our future

(...) I agree. My attitude is usually "What's stopping anyone from making their own (fill in the blank)?" I want the freedom to create what I think of, not necessarily what's in the instruction book. (...) I'm thinking along that line. (...) I would (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: scibrick and our future

(...) hee! great tribble. i looked at your post once, came back & looked again, but it hadn't multiplied yet :) Jeff (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: scibrick and our future

(...) snip (...) I have made my own ST mocs: (URL) I was just trying to throw out a fun suggestion. sorry to seem too serious. (URL) Jeff (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: scibrick and our future

Hi all. There are some other venues in Hampton Roads Virgina that I think that are easily accesible spots for both Virginia and North Carolina Luggers. On the Penninsula we have the Aerospace Museum in Hampton. There is also Nasa Langley in Newport (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: scibrick and our future

(...) Me too: (URL) (...) No problem. I think what's interesting is that you answered with a completely different direction to the questions expected. Joe (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: scibrick and our future

(...) A very good 2 cents! Air shows is a great idea, and there are some places in North Carolina that would lend themselves to shows. It might be an idea to create a list of specific museums and events for SciBrick to take part in. Joe (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)