 Organizations / Italia / ItLUG / 1426
1425  |  1427
Subject:
LEGODirect - torneo AFOL LEGO Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.it.itlug
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 20:36:25 GMT

cari fratelli in abiesse,

vi invio l'invito di jan al torneo AFOL LEGO Mindstorms. mi ha mandato l'invito
la settimana scorsa e volevo tradurlo, ma attualmente non trovo il tempo a
farlo. pertanto vi mando l'originale.

w.

Dear LEGO and Mindstorms enthusiasts,

As announced before we have thoughts/Ideas on doing an AFOL LEGO Mindstorms
tournament in the LEGOLAND Billund/Denmark. Now we are ready to plan on an
event.

Place: LEGOLAND Billund
Date: 2nd /3rd or 9th /10th April 2005 (we’d like to hear your feedback which
day fits best for you)
Minimum number of teams: 6 otherwise we will cancel the tournament
Minimum number of participants in each team: 3 persons
Last day for firm application: 1st February 2005

You will get the needed information about the game 2 weeks before the tournament
begins, so you can start working at home but you will get a normal LEGO
Mindstorms kit from us in Billund so you are not allowed to take any of your own
Mindstorms parts with you but you are more than welcome to take some of your
MOCs with you we can show off if you like.

Here is the agenda for the championship days:

Day 1, Saturday

14:30 Welcome in the LEGOLAND Billund. Each team will get a normal LEGO
Mindstorms Set to use it in the tournament and will have access to a variety of
different LEGO bricks for design matter.

15:00 The challenge is announced, and you will have until 18.00 to build the
robot. During that time you can practice on the tournament table also, but only
one team a time.

18:00 LEGOLAND closes and the robot must stay at the table. We all go to dinner.

Day 2. Sunday

10:00 The LEGOLAND Park opens and you will have 2 hours to fine tune your robot.
You will again be able to practice at the tournament table.

12:00 The tournament begins.

13:00 Award ceremony and lunch

There will be prizes for the best working robot and the best designed robot and
every team can keep the Mindstorms set they’ve got from us.

So if you like to take part in this ultimate AFOL LEGO Mindstorms tournament and
compete against teams from other European AFOL communities and the LEGO All Star
team please register your team as soon as possible.

You need to pay for your travel and your Bed and Breakfast in Billund, while
LEGO will pay for the food and beverages on the two tournament days.

If you have further questions or if you want to register don’t hesitate to
contact me under jan.beyer@europe.lego.com.

I am looking forward to see you in Billund in April next year,

Jan