 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 580
Re: Logo's Fliers and papers and CONTACT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:26:45 GMT

I've sent you the word file with the early fliers.

Got it.  Thanks.  I'll work on it.

Rather than posting a phone number, I think we should have a mail in card,
or the back of the flier (with our URL for those who have Internet access)
basically saying:  "Send $1 to cover cost of mailing out an application form
etc." along with your mailing address.  I have the application forms in
hardcopy and they are a few pages (basically the same as on the website).
This eliminates the need for a phone number.  What do you think?

I'd recommend not having a street address.  A post office box would be
OK, however.  A phone number is slightly less intrusive than a street
address, especially a mobile one, since it's harder to track.

What I (and many others) have done is situations like this is to
basically "screen" people as we talk to them.  The vast majority of
people are only mildly interested, and will never join the club.  I
don't particularly want to have my address and/or phone number sitting
on a flyer that they just casually pick up.  No doubt the people that
are sincerely interested in the club will spend some time chatting and
asking questions of us at the show.  When they leave, we write down,
on the flyer, the appropriate contact information, whether that be
your (or my) phone number, address, etc.  This is a safer way to go.
It also gives you an opportunity to get their name, and perhaps even a
contact number to follow up on.

I will leave lots of space on the flyer to do this.

Robin