 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 477
Re: New layout from meeting is up.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 08:59:17 GMT

I've uploaded a suggested monorail layout, file name "V-D0011R".

I didn't touch the baseplates (yet), and they don't really make sense
any more.  As I see it, all the monorail track is at least raised by
one tall support (10 bricks), and in places I've made it even higher.

In my mind's eye, I still see an airport in the "Southeast" corner
with a monorail station.  From the airport, the track makes a foray
into the downtown core, then turns back towards the east.  Meanwhile,
the lower track also heads east, and climbs up higher (perhaps a
mountain, behind some houses, etc.).  Both tracks line up with the
train tracks, and the front one climbs up to the level of the rear
track.  At the apex of the height of the track (about the middle of
the second blue base plate from the east), I envision a higher train
and monorail double bridge over some open water that perhaps opens
right up to the rear of the layout.

The east end is a simple loop, and is all down to the 10 brick height
again.  I put in a control track at the south end of the east "blob"
to stop the monorail.  We could put a station there if we wanted to.
I've also put in a siding and control track for us to build a more
substantial station in and around the two monorail tracks and the 9v
track beneath it.  It may be tricky building supports for the monorail
track directly over the 9v track, but I think it will look cool.

Comments, suggestions.

Robin