 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 450
449  |  451
Subject:
Height problem, and 2 new layouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 05:43:16 GMT

Dean Husby wrote:
Well, i was doing some adjustments when all of a sudden ALL the bloody track
went UNDER the plates...

Can it be fixed. I uploaded it to 6.

It's all at height 0.0 so it seems to come and go. If you highlight a
baseplate or anything really, and go Edit/Elevation and hit Enter
without changing anything, all the track will "come back".

I got sucked into fiddling with it again and uploaded 2 more possibles,
v-K0007K and v-K0008K. Both these have a high bridge across the FRONT of
the water area. It makes the track layout way easier to deal with, I
have fitted in more train storage loops so we can actually have 4 trains
on the layout at once in version 8. I have also adjusted the height of
all the ground level track to 0.1, the top of the high bridge to 10
bricks (may need increasing), and the monorail height to 10 bricks.
Version 8 also has a slight change to the table layout to make the dock
sidings longer. The tables look like:

+-----+-----+---+-------+---+-----+---+
|     |     |18x|       |18x|     |   |
|  72 |60X30|30 | 48X30 |30 |30X30|60 |
|  X  +     +---+-+-----+---+-----+X  |
|  30 |     |30x  |         |30x30|18 |
|     |     |30   |         |     |   |
|     |-----+-----+         +-----+---+
|     |
+-----+

This now uses ALL the tables and gives a slightly smaller operator space
(4'6" x 3'6"). I envisage the right hand "blob" with the docks to be a
more industrial commercial area with factories and offices, as well as
(where the blue square is) a monorail/9v link station. The left hand end
would be more residential, combined monorail/9v station, small shops by
the station, houses, airport building where the blue squares are, beach
area by the water, possible castle right by the water (using the sea as
part of the defences, like many coastal castles did). There's a
beach/castle area monorail station as well. We could run 2 monorail
trains, 1 shuttling  back and forth from airport to beach, and one
shuttling from airport to far loop and back again. Of course at some
point they might intersect... :-)

We would need motorised 9v switches for the far locations near the
layout edges, but both the monorail switches are within hand reach. No
electrical probs that I can see.

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
City Park: Limited edition kit