 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 437
436  |  438
Subject:
New Layout V-K0005K.tdl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 02:00:49 GMT

Just posted a new layout on the X-drive, called V-K0005K.tdl. Includes
freight yard at the dock, roads, water, monorail, passenger station on
the left, space for an airport in the bottom left corner, space for
farm/school/other large building right of that. I have put in 2150
passenger stn and monorail stations as placeholders, we can use our own
building designs to make thm fit the space better. The monorail stub at
the front edge of the layout is intended to be a station serving the
beach or there could be a castle just right of it. Where the 2 train
tracks and the monorail pass along the water table, the 9v tracks would
be on a bridge/causeway/trestle and the monorail higher level on a cliff
ledge or similar. The monorail needs to be high enough to clear trains
over most of the layout.

I have another idea but no more hands to start redoing this... how about
a bridge across the back of the operator cutout? It would spread out the
track a lot more and we'd only have to have 1 track across the water
table. Have to be careful ducking under it and there'd need to be a
support pillar to teh floor part way across (it's a 5ft span or so).

There really needs to be more sidings for stock holding, but it's hard
to fit them in without ending up with almost no space for anything other
than track. I like to see plenty of building space along the roads.

Somebody else play with this now.

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
City Park: Limited edition kit