 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 241
240  |  242
Subject:
Another Logo Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 22:20:22 GMT

Good Sunday afternoon to you all,

Just thought I'd throw another logo idea up for your perusal.  URL is
below.

There are two new images up there, "VLCLogo14" and "VLCLogo15".  The
only difference between them is that "15" has a pen outline around the
letters in the word "Vancouver".  Just an experiment.  I don't think I
like it.

I tried to do a few things with the "V" in Vancouver, overlaying
bricks onto it, putting studs on the top, "pixellating" or more
specifically "brickelating" it, and also constructing the "V" with two
crossed 2 x 10 bricks.  Nothing ended up looking very good, so I went
back to the original idea, a graphic of some bricks.

These bricks are a bit more complex and rendered (created in Bryce
3D).  This is just a quick proof, and the image would be of much
higher quality and resolution in the final version.

Yes, they look like Lego bricks, pardon me, LEGO (r) bricks, but if
you look very carefully, the height vs. length and width ratio is a
little off.  The studs are also not quite the right size and height,
so technically the image is not of LEGO (r) bricks, but rather a
generic image of some other generic coloured building blocks with
studs (probably not even LEGO (r) compatible).

As usual, comments wanted.

Robin