 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1415
  Mpegs uploaded for the TTOS Show!

I've painstakingly captured a few mpegs to show some of the more interesting items of our TTOS show. (URL) Husby LUGNET Member #320 TFM's LEGO Workshop - www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm The Vancouver LEGO Club - www.akasa.bc.ca/vlc/ (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mpegs uploaded for the TTOS Show!

(...) These are AWESOME!! Thanks for all the work, Dean. I want MORE!! Robin (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Mpegs uploaded for the TTOS Show!

Wow! I didn't realize you had so many automated/automatic gizmos. Who did the drive in theatre? I've been trying to do a sign to rotate EXACTLY like the one at that drive in, maybe the person responsible might be willing to share the details. The (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mpegs uploaded for the TTOS Show!

(...) More? I'm still planning on doing a little video with music with some flash. I was really trying to keep the size down. That's no easy feat! What in particular did you want to see? Dean -- Dean Husby LUGNET Member #320 TFM's LEGO Workshop - (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Mpegs uploaded for the TTOS Show!

(...) I did. It's an iPAQ 3670 in there. The iPAQ's screen and dimensions match LEGO studs perfectly. (...) The sign is a micro motor with the sign directly attached. But to get the speed to a good level I used a diode bridge and a zenfer diode (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mpegs uploaded for the TTOS Show!

(...) What's an iPAQ? (...) What does a diode do? I was planning on using a 9v motor with a train regulator, hopefully it will be as effective as what you did. (...) You just said you didn't have a 4565, but you did have a 4565...You've got me (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mpegs uploaded for the TTOS Show!

(...) Umm. It's a PDA. Here's a link (URL) >> I've been trying to do a sign to rotate EXACTLY like (...) The Diode Bridge allows the power to flow only one way regardless of what way the polarity is. It also cuts down on how much power comes though. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mpegs uploaded for the TTOS Show!

I've added one more mpeg to the list. It's called Trolleyclosecall.mpg. heh heh. Dean -- Dean Husby LUGNET Member #320 TFM's LEGO Workshop - www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm The Vancouver LEGO Club - www.akasa.bc.ca/vlc/ (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mpegs uploaded for the TTOS Show!

(...) Just some information. I see that you use only 2 red LED's for the crossing signal. If you use the round 1x1 bricks, then you can pull the wires through the hole of these bricks. On the bottom, you can use a 2x4 technic plate to pass these (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mpegs uploaded for the TTOS Show!

(...) I looked at the crossings around my place and they ALL have huge cables dangling from the two parts to the base. I thought it was very odd but there you are... (...) Doh! You know, I know ZENER is correct but my brains says "No no, remember (...) (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.robotics)