 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1431
Re: Mpegs uploaded for the TTOS Show!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 22:44:46 GMT

Adam Murtha wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Dean Husby writes:
Adam Murtha wrote:

Wow!  I didn't realize you had so many automated/automatic gizmos.  Who did
the drive in theatre?

I did. It's an iPAQ 3670 in there. The iPAQ's screen and dimensions match LEGO
studs perfectly.

What's an iPAQ?

Umm. It's a PDA. Here's a link
http://www.compaq.ca/english/business/handhelds/ipaq/h3600.htm

I've been trying to do a sign to rotate EXACTLY like
the one at that drive in, maybe the person responsible might be willing to
share the details.

The sign is a micro motor with the sign directly attached. But to get the speed
to a good level I used a diode bridge and a zenfer diode (5.1) and ran the whole
mess on a train regulator on power level 7. (One down from MAX)

What does a diode do?  I was planning on using a 9v motor with a train
regulator, hopefully it will be as effective as what you did.

The Diode Bridge allows the power to flow only one way regardless of what way the
polarity is. It also cuts down on how much power comes though. The Zenfer diode
lowers the power level even more. With out that setup the sign spun around like
crazy. WAY to fast..

Lets see, on the Industrial line we had:
My CN engine
Large Black My Own Train
4565 Steam Engine
4563 Load N' Haul Railroad
4564 Freight Rail Runner

You just said you didn't have a 4565, but you did have a 4565...You've got
me confused.

There were no 4565 engines there. I did have the steam engine made out of parts from
the 4565 set.

--
Dean Husby
LUGNET Member #320