 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1236
Re: Switch Track Modification - A better way!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:04:36 GMT

"Matt Agnew" <magnew@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Dean Husby writes:

I think it works REALLY well. I had it done in 5 minutes.

My compliments!  I've been a big advocate for opening the switches and
modifying them for a while.  Your method, however, is faster and less • hassle
than mine (l).  I certainly wouldn't mind the "scar" - it's on the bottom.

For those who are wondering why all the trouble, the answer is you can • make
smaller switchboxes.  This allows you to put track closer together, handy • in
tight layouts (2).  Plus, the little yellow pneumatic cylinders can be • used to
actuate them.

An old description of my modifications:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~magnew/modify.htm

pix at the bottom.

And if anyone's got small pneumatic cylinders to sell, I'll buy all ya
got!

The small 32mm (1.26") double-action pneumatic cylinders are available at
Shop-at-Home Europe. In the UK they are 2.99GBP (~4.27USD) each plus
shipping:
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id=%7B9A7C59FA%2D58E4%2D47D1%2DAA6C%2D16FEC
D7C28F8%7D (hope the link works)!

LMK if you'd like me to get any for you at cost plus S@H shipping to me plus