 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1233
Re: Switch Track Modification - A better way!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 03:18:09 GMT

http://legochina.virtualave.net

Zhengrong

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Dean Husby writes:
Zhengrong Zang wrote:

You can use a motor to control both New or Old Switch Point easily, there • are 5
switch points in my layout, some are new type and some are old type, all of • them
can be controlled by RCX smoothly!
I don't know why the modification is needed?

URL to your site?

Dean

Zhengrong

Bryan Wong wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Richard W. Schamus writes:
I'm trying to make sure that I understand the purpose of the modification
(being the modification guy that I am, I like to know what and why others
modify pieces).
Is the purpose to get rid of the firm 'snap' that occurs when the switch • is
thrown from one position to another, so that when an electro-motor force • is
applied to the switch, it moves freely?

Yep.  Now a motor can easily control the switch.

-Bryan