 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 123
Re: Reasons for Keeping the VLC's location to Members only
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:57:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Mark Tarrabain writes:
I have no interest in seeing the personal safety of an individual
jeapordized, but I would have to wonder if it's in the best interests
for a person so endangered to be involved in what would otherwise
probably be a publically accessible activity.

Hey Mark, shut up, will ya?  You're really starting to annoy me, and I don't
even live in Vancouver.

You're treating a Lego club like there's some innate human right to be a member
of it, and that everyone is invited by virtue of knowing of a club's existence.
Talk about arrogant!  There are more issues in starting and maintaining a Lego
club than just an affinity to the brick.  In forming WAFOL, we came up with
some very good reasons to restrict entry to the club -- and we're sticking to
them until someone can give a good reason to not.  If you honestly can't figure
out some of these reasons, or understand someone else's reasons, then you have
no business criticizing VLC's procedures.

Furthermore, you seem to have the POV that public meeting rooms are cheap, or
everyone involved with Lego clubs is loaded with cash.  If you're so keen on
having the mentioned club meetings held in a non-sensitive place, then I
suggest that you handle the tab when it comes due.  Until then, get off
someone's back when they're looking for a way to not hand over a chunk of
dough.

Sorry, but you're coming across as something of a big jerk.  I guess I just
call them as I see them.

Cheers,
- jsproat