 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 11
Re: Pics online of VLC's First Meet!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 05:07:38 GMT

Kevin Loch wrote:

In lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, Dean Husby writes:
We now have pictures of last nights First meeting of the VLC online.

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/vlc/vlc000304/20000304.html

Here you can see a picture of my new RCX Train.
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/vlc/vlc000304/00030415.jpg.html

Dean

Thanks for posting the pics!

No problem, we plan on posting pics of all our events. The Next one will
have some video too.

Looks like you had a pretty good turnout for your first meeting.
Nice job on the house and hoppers.

Yes, it was quite good for the first meet.

As for the hoppers and house. That's Kevin's fantastic work. (Well, one
hopper is mine.)

What does the RCX on the yellow 4565 engine do?

It will be a train Cam soon. Right now it can drive around the track
forwards and reverse etc. by remote.
But it also has PC control with a track reading system. It knows where it
is on the track and can go to any station I wish. Speeds up slowly, slows
down etc. Headlights always on. The RCX is powered by the track.  Then
the RCX controls the motor.

What does
the RCX by the speed regulators do?

The 'Ultimate Accessory' pack for Mindstorms is delayed until May, sigh,
so I don't yet have a Remote control. The RCX by the speed regulators is
just a fancy control unit. Forward, back and stop. heh heh.

It worked VERY well and we all had allot of fun.

Dean