 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1006
Re: Track layout for next show.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 18:25:32 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote in message ...
I have a TD layout that I put together last night ready to upload - as soon
as I can get through to the shared area on Dean's server I'll put the TD
file and a GIF of the layout up. I managed to get the track layout I
sketched last night, onto a relatively reasonable table layout.

OK, I just uploaded k0002.tdl (track designer file) and k0002.gif (graphics
file version) to the VLC space on Dean's server (ask him for access
details). A few notes about the layout...

It's based on the table-layout we talked about previously, with the 2 tables
sticking out at one end, space between them, and a bridge over the gap. In
this case the northern table (assuming north at the top of th plan) is
layout height and the southern one is low, so be used for leaflets and boxes
and talking to the public. The E end of the low table is under the bridge
and has blue baseplates for water. Ignore the fact that the rest of the low
table is covered in road plates, they are just placeholders :-)

The NW corner is Hogwarts, and there would be a narrow mountain ridge
cutting it off from the rest of the layout, with the hogwart branch entering
and exiting through tunnels in the ridge.

The Northern long side has the freight yard with 4 tracks, reasonably long
(12-14 track lengths each).

Eastern end has a big chunk of space for a town. Could include a monorail,
and/or a trolley line along the edge (green strip).

Southern long side has the passenger station - nearside platform and
buildings is shown by the yellow blocks. There would also be another
platform between the 2nd and 3rd tracks from the outer edge, with a
footbridge to access them. Platform 9 3/4 is the left side of the near
platform. The cross road plate R of the station is meant to represent a
parking area.

That's the basics, it's pretty simple. There's a place on the R where the
tracks don't meet but I think there's enough slack to fiddle it. Room for 3
passenger trains and 4 freight trains on the layout at once. We could also
add spurs and industry sidings if desired.

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
eBay Lego auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/